The official poster is based on a photograph of the Busan Cinema Center, which was designed by Coop HIMMELBLAU in 2011.
The building symbolizes the festival and its growth within the past years. With organic curves and achromatic colors, the photograph depicts an irregular, yet solemn image of the architecture. As the Busan International Film Festival celebrates its 20th anniversary, the official poster signifies a new beginning with the Busan Cinema Center that has blossomed, along with the festival’s growth, into a cultural complex. The 20th Busan International Film Festival makes a new change by using a photograph instead of a painting. The photograph and design of the official poster was completed by Busan International Film Festival’s art director CHOI Soon-dae.
CHOI Soon-dae (Art Director, Busan International Film Festival)
- President, Busan Ensemble of Contemporary Visual Design
- 1997-Present, Art Director, Busan International Film Festival
- 1990-Present, CEO, ILLUST BANK
- 2004, Design Adviser, Busan Asian Games
- 1997-1998, Chairman, Busan Illust Association