- 20 YEARS WITH BIFF,
- Asian masters including Hou Hsiao-hsien, Jia Zhangke, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, Johnnie To, Eric Khoo, Kawase Naomi, Kore-eda Hirokazu, Lav Diaz, Wang Bing, Bahman Ghobadi, and many more will visit Busan this year. Asia’s top directors who have led the Asian film industries will gather around in Busan to celebrate the festival’s 20th anniversary.
THE HISTORY OF
- Special Program in Focus: ‘Asian Cinema 100’ attempts to convey the history and aesthetics of Asian films to show the Asian cinema history in a new light. The film professionals participated in selecting the top 100 Asian films and the directors for this program, creating a precious opportunity to remind the value and the meaning of Asian film legacy.
- THE AMBITIOUS PLAN OF
- Korean Film Retrospective will discover and disclose the ‘hidden masterpieces of the 1960.’ The masterworks will include The DMZ of Park Sangho, A Bloodthirsty Killer of Lee Yong-min, The General’s Mustache of Lee Seong-gu, The Door of the Body of Lee Bong-rae, The Cash Is Mine of Lee Sang-eon, When Night Falls at Myeongdong of Lee Hyung-pyo, The Body Confession of Jo Keung-ha and Trees Stand on Slope of Choi Ha-won.
- OPEN CINEMA WITH
MORE MASS APPEAL
- Open Cinema has strived to select the works of wide popularity as it did last year. The selected films include the record-breaking fantasy-action film Baahubali: The Beginning, Chinese box office hit Monster Hunt, the story about a fish man Collective Invention, nominees of the 2015 Venice Film Festival competition section The Wait and Courted, Miyazaki Hayao’s classic animation My Neighbor Totoro and a Taiwanese youth melodrama Our Times.
- ASIAN FILM MARKET
- The launch of the Entertainment IP market will lead the convergent contents market in the New Media and ICT Era, while the Asian Casting Market will facilitate as a place where established stars as well as up-and-coming actors/actresses in Asia are introduced to the global film industry, creating a hub of star contents business. Meanwhile, a Chinese forum with top Chinese producers of films that dominated the box office sales will act as a bridge between the two markets.
- BIFF CONFERENCE & FORUM,
WITH THE AUDIENCE
- Along with the academic festivities with the experts, various events will be available for the public to join the discussion.
- Launch of the Cinephile Conference
- ‘Actors Talk to the Audience,’ Actors Forum
- 2nd Film Reading Forum: Ode to My Father
- 70th Anniversary of Liberation, Round Talk with Professional and Student Directors